Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown stopped working in nightly experime…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Shutdown stopped working in nightly experimental?
winterfairy@??? wrote (23 Nov 2013 12:36:11 GMT) :
> intrigeri wrote:
>> winterfairy at riseup.net wrote (22 Nov 2013 12:23:14 GMT) :
>>> It seems "Shutdown immediately" and "Reboot immediately" both reboots the
>>> system in current nightly builds of experimental.
>>
>> I can't reproduce this with
>> tails-i386-experimental-0.22-20131121T1523Z-4cc101c.iso in
>> a libvirt/qemu VM. Which exact ISO did you see this in?

> It was in:
> tails-i386-experimental-0.22-20131122T0815Z-4cc101c.iso

I can confirm the system reboots with a recent build from
experimental, when using the emergency shutdown feature (unplugging
the Tails USB stick) on a ThinkPenguin Royal laptop.

I suspect the upgrade to Linux 3.11 is the cause, as the other
probable cause (initramfs-tools 0.115) only brings changes that
seem unrelated.

winterfairy, can you please try and reproduce this with a pre-3.11
experimental build if you still have one around? (There are no such
images anymore on the nightly builds web server, reported as #6439.)

Alternatively, looking online for bug reports about regressions in
3.11 wrt. shutdown handling would be my next action if I had time.