Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge liveusb-creator's bug…

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] Two new easy liveusb-creator tasks [Was: Please review'n'merge liveusb-creator's bugfix/dont-fail-upgrade-if-tmp-dir-exists-on-destination]
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge liveusb-creator's bugfix/dont-fail-upgrade-if-tmp-dir-exists-on-destination
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:56:53 +0000
Alan <alan@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:59:29 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???>
> wrote:
> > yet another incremental merge request for incremental updates :)
> >
> > please review'n'merge the
> > bugfix/dont-fail-upgrade-if-tmp-dir-exists-on-destination branch
> > into master, in the liveusb-creator Git repository. This is a
> > one-word change, and needs to be merged as a pre-requisite for
> > incremental updates. Thus candidate for 0.22. No ticket, no branch
> > in the main Tails repo.
> >
> > I've not bothered creating a snapshot .deb etc., so please just
> > apply the one-word patch to a running Tails copy for testing.
> >
> > Credits go to mercedes508 for reporting the bug with enough
> > information to debug it.
> >
> > The commit in there is:
> >
> > commit 95b9557b42b2cadaadd330ed2defac5558d79f1f
> > Author: Tails developers <tails@???>
> > Date: Mon Nov 18 15:42:27 2013 +0000
> >
> >     Add "tmp" to the liveos_toplevel_files list.

> >     Then, get_liveos_toplevel_files will return it,
> >     and delete_liveos will delete it at "clone and upgrade" time,
> >     before the source files are copied to the destination
> > filesystem.
> >     This is especially important once incremental updates are
> > deployed, since "tmp" will be used by tails-iuk, and possibly not
> > removed every time.

> >     Without this change, one gets the following stack trace (and a
> > partially upgraded device) when a "tmp" directory exists both on the
> > source and destination Tails system partitions:

> >       File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/liveusb/gui.py", line
> > 253, in run self.live.extract_iso() File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/liveusb/creator.py", line 147, in
> > extract_iso self.source.clone(self.dest) File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/liveusb/source.py", line 97, in
> > clone shutil.copytree(src, dst) File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py",
> > line 142, in copytree os.makedirs(dst) File
> > "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs mkdir(name, mode)

> - created directory `tmp` in the source tails and in the destination
> tails
> - applied the patch on the running source
> - ran "clone and upgrade" (or `/usr/bin/liveusb-creator -u -n -x
> --clone -v`)
> - got the same stacktrace. I don't see what I have done wrong, so I'm
> afraid the fix doesn't work

OK that's another bug: if not self.live.existing_live_os, it tries to
copy a new liveos without confirmation and without removing tmp.

The patches works well if run on a clean Tails + tmp dir.

Merged.