[Tails-dev] Localization of help in the greeter [Was: [RFC] …

このメッセージを削除

このメッセージに返信
著者: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
古いトピック: Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails
題目: [Tails-dev] Localization of help in the greeter [Was: [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails]
Hi,

anonym wrote (21 Nov 2013 05:58:37 GMT) :
> 04/11/13 14:49, intrigeri wrote:
>> anonym wrote (24 Oct 2013 14:34:01 GMT) :

Ideally, the documentation page loaded in the greeter would be
localized, if a localized version is available. We have various pieces
of code that do this in Tails, and likely the best you can find for
this case is in WhisperBack (since it's Python).

But well, keeping the link l10n'able via a link in the translatable
label text is probably good enough (and IIRC it's just what I've done
in Tails-IUK for the iteration I'm working on), even if 1. it spreads
the "which languages are enabled on the Tails website" information in
way too many places (PO files in many Git repos!) to my eyes (we'll
have to think of it when we disable some poorly maintained
translations eventually); 2. it doesn't display translated doc to
users until the relevant part of the greeter is (correctly) translated
into their language.

(At some point, we'll need a "MAC spoofing: phase 2" parent ticket to
organize the steps after the current iteration. See how I've done it
for incremental updates, I'm pretty happy with it.)