[Tails-dev] Serious reliability issues? [Was: [RFC] Design (…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Anciens-sujets: Re: [Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Serious reliability issues? [Was: [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails]
Hi,

I've just booted a ThinkPad X201 a few times on Tails/experimental
(that should have the latest and greatest feature/spoof-mac in, if
I understood clearly). Here are my (slightly disappointing) results:

* the MAC address for my wired ethernet (internal) adapter was always
spoofed fine; good!
* the MAC address for my Wi-Fi (internal) adapter was spoofed once,
and the other time it got its permanent address
* the MAC address for a USB Wi-Fi dongle was spoofed once (FWIW, when
plugged after logging in) and the other time it got its permanent
address (in case it matters, when plugged at greeter time)

Note that the two failure cases above occurred on different boots.

Unfortunately, I was very confident everything would work according to
the plan on first try, so my test process was pretty rough, and I have
only taken notes of the addresses and compared it later with the
permanent ones, so I did not have a look at the logs or anything.

anonym, can you try and reproduce this on various hardware, or should
I start debugging it a bit on my side?