Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/perl5lib

Author: bertagaz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/perl5lib
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 04:40:48PM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll try to avoid pushing a huge review'n'merge request about
> incremental updates at the last minute before the 0.22 freeze, so here
> we go for a first batch.

That's very kind of yours, and I must say that I'm impressed by the
transition work you've slightly done!

> feature/perl5lib extracts some code from t-p-s into a new package
> called tails-perl5lib, that provides Perl libraries that other
> Tails-specific code may want to use. This refactoring was needed to
> make tails-iuk (incremental updates software) share code with t-p-s.
>
> Candidate for 0.22, no ticket.
>
> Branches:
> * t-p-s feature/extract-code-to-perllib
> * Tails feature/perl5lib
> * an APT suite to merge
>
> Note that the t-p-s branch also contains Andres fixes for the
> persistent volume deletion warning (#5888), and it also supersedes my
> review'n'merge request for bugfix/persistence-cleanups. This is on
> purpose, so that we'll save a review'n'merge pass or two.

I've build this branch, and installed a Tails usb stick from this Iso,
created a persitent partition and ensured it worked. Then I deleted it.

I'm not sure I understood all perl's arcanes in there, but still

1) tests didn't show regressions from what I saw
2) changes seem consistent from what I get

In the end I merged it in the three mentioned repos.

bert.