Re: [Tails-dev] Testing feature/ff24 [Was: Release schedule …

Author: Kill Your TV
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Testing feature/ff24 [Was: Release schedule for Tails 0.22]
On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:18:17 +0000 (UTC)
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >>   2013-11-27 to 2013-11-29
> >>     test with FF24 (volunteers, please),
> >>     fix regressions as needed (help is welcome)

> > This has been rescheduled to November 14 (all day, #tails on IRC).
>
> That's tomorrow!
>
> Don't hesitate downloading (or building) a test ISO in advance.
> Please read the guidelines for testers:
>
>     https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/iceweasel_24/

As reported in IRC, I tested using KVM using
http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-ff24/tails-i386-feature_ff24-0.22-20131114T1136Z-fe54c8c.iso

unsafe-browser:
- complains about not being able to reach the proxy but there's no
proxy configured. Therefore, no web sites can be reached.
- Locales: Tried French, German, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), and
Arabic. Everything looked OK.
- Opening and closing worked fine.

Iceweasel itself:
- eepsites via I2P still work
- browsing random sites on the internet worked
- hidden services worked
- did not test persistence because I was in a VM but others
apparently reported success