Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock 0.5

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock 0.5
Hi,

here's a quick review of the Debian packaging. We're almost there!

Kevin C. Krinke wrote (12 Nov 2013 16:33:46 GMT) :
> * Uncomment/update Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser

The URL in Vcs-Git should be usable by everyone.

https://git.tails.boum.org has no valid certificate, better use
https://git-tails.immerda.ch instead.

> * Remove NEWS (needed to build though?)

What's the actual issue with NEWS? I see a hackish "solution" in Git,
but I don't know what problem it is supposed to workaround.

"debhelper (>= 9.0.0)" surely works, but it seems weird, given the
current debhelper versionning scheme. "debhelper (>= 9)" should be
just enough to express what you mean.

Please bump Standards-Version to the latest one (`apt-get install
debian-policy/unstable', see the checklist shipped in there).

It would be nice if debian/control ended with a newline.

Is the canonical upstream source of the package a signed Git tag (I
would prefer this) or the .orig tarball?