Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/liveusb_ui_i…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/liveusb_ui_improvement_followups
Alan wrote (11 Nov 2013 21:59:21 GMT) :
> Hi,

> Please review and merge feature/liveusb_ui_improvement_followups

> It includes a liveusb-creator branch (feature/ui_improvement_followups)

As you expected, I have some minor comments to make on the packaging
side (as I understand it, that was the idea behind you trying to do
it, since I had made it clear it would be less of a hassle if I did it
myself):

* It's either wrongly versioned, or missing some preliminary steps:
3.11.6-20+feature.ui.improvement.followups~1.gbpb466f9 means
"3.11.6-20 with this topic branch added on top of it"; TTBOMK,
3.11.6-10. But actually, since
3.11.6-19+feature.bigger.system.partition~1.gbp4a0c9c was merged
into devel a proper (-20) release being done, now it time to do one,
before forking off it again. I have just done so. And then your
version number is now good :) ... apart of the fact it'll still be
based on something-before-3.11.6-20, really, but only
debian/changelog should be affected in practice, no big deal
this time.

* It's unclear what code is included in this .deb: next time, please
push the Git tag you built from, or make it clear in your pull
request what public commit you've based the .deb from (the commit
gbp put into the version number apparently only lives on a packaging
branch you didn't push). I realize I've not done this in the past
(before feature/bigger-system-partition) myself, must have been
a pain for reviewers.

But hey, all in all, you did pretty well!

> and a tails branch with a package in the APT repo but no commit
> (feature/liveusb_ui_improvement_followups).

> Ticket: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6292.

(/me rumbling: merge into experimental, reassign ticket to RM, mark
ticket ready for QA, blah. Anyway.)

Works fine for me, thanks, merged and released -21 with it +
translation updates + my trivial bugfix/language-consistency branch
(our process is too heavy for minor changes IMHO, with the current
little energy available for review'n'merge; better grab pending
changes when asking for a review next time; freeze is in weeks,
hopefully someone will notice if I've just introduced crap).