Re: [Tails-dev] Fix to #5917 tails-greeter password field :W…

Autore: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Fix to #5917 tails-greeter password field :Warnwhen caps-lock in ON
Andres Gomez Ramirez wrote (03 Nov 2013 23:02:24 GMT) :
> I tried with a minimal test case, and caps locks key was detected in all cases.
> Maybe it has to be with the way greeter uses gtk+ library.
> On the other hand, according to this:

> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/2.24/GtkEntry.html#GtkEntry--caps-lock-warning

> caps lock warning should be activated by default in Gtk entries, which is not
> happening in greeter for some reason.

Apparently it's done with a secondary icon, and our Glade reads:

          <property name="secondary_icon_activatable">False</property>

Perhaps it's related?

> Is there another component in tails using the same library, where caps lock warning
> is already working?

I don't think we have anything Tails specific that does so.
But e.g GNOME Disks or other GNOME apps are using some version of GTK,
and at least the former likely has a caps lock warning.

Cheers!