Re: [Tails-dev] Switched to IBus in squeeze too, please revi…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Switched to IBus in squeeze too, please review
Hi,

winterfairy@??? wrote (07 Nov 2013 09:47:30 GMT) :
> In branch "bugfix/ibus" in my repo "winterfairy/tails", which is based on
> tails testing branch, there is patches that replaces SCIM with IBus, much
> like I did for wheezy.

Great!

Reviewed (looks good, I just wonder what package installs bopomofo
support, so building an ISO to verify), will test it today.

When submitting such a review'n'merge request, please reassign the
relevant ticket to the release manager (for 0.22, that's me) and set
QA Check to "Ready for QA".

> I also added bopomofo for chinese, as it seems to be more popular than
> pinyin in some regions.

OK. Any reason why the preflist isn't set to
"pinyin,bopomofo,anthy,hangul" for Chinese locales, instead of the
default "pinyin,anthy,hangul,bopomofo"?

> This I also did in the branch "bugfix/ibus-wheezy"
> in my repo, so it need to be reviewed and merged again too.

I notice the commits are different on bugfix/ibus and
bugfix/ibus-wheezy. I guess you cherry-picked them, which will result
in hard to understand history next time devel is merged into
feature/wheezy. I understand it was hard to do otherwise, since the
initial development (bugfix/ibus-wheezy) was based on feature/wheezy.
Next time you prepare changes that should land both into devel and
feature/wheezy, please base $TOPIC_BRANCH off devel, and if you're
extra nice, create a $TOPIC_BRANCH-wheezy branch that starts from
$TOPIC_BRANCH, merges feature/wheezy into it, and solves any conflict
along the way.

For this time, it's too late since the original branch was already
merged into feature/wheezy. No big deal anyway :)