Re: [Tails-dev] Switched SCIM to IBus for wheezy, please rev…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Switched SCIM to IBus for wheezy, please review
winterfairy@??? wrote (05 Nov 2013 21:40:01 GMT) :
> In the branch "bugfix/ibus-wheezy" on my repo "winterfairy/tails", I have
> switched from SCIM to IBus for Wheezy. I will do the same with Squeeze
> within a few days.

> I have tested this extensively by patching the ISO file I recently asked
> for with these changes, but I haven't actually built the branch.

> This branch fixed bug #5487. For wheezy, it also fixes #5624, but that bug
> should be fixed in squeeze too. I can also confirm that bug #6206 does not
> affect wheezy.

This stuff (+ 2 minor polish commits of mine) can be tested in:
http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-wheezy/tails-i386-feature_wheezy-0.22-20131105T0917Z-30e8c3c.iso

It seems to work fine for me (well, as far as I can tell without
speaking the language) when logging in Korean, Chinese and Japanese,
so I've merged the branch into feature/wheezy.

I wonder if we really want to start the ibus daemon and applet unless
logged in with a locale that needs one of these input methods, so I've
not marked the ticket as resolved yet. Thoughts?