Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension [Was: Mike's March 20…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher extension [Was: Mike's March 2013]
Alan wrote (03 Nov 2013 20:13:10 GMT) :
> Unfortunately I didn't find how to see which stream uses which circuit
> with arm, so I'm not sure it could really replace Vidalia's network map.

That's arm ticket #5186 [1]. The development wiki [2] reads "Associate
streams to circuits" in the "Next release" section. I've mentionned we
are interested, and I've asked what's the ETA.

I don't see this as a real blocker anyway: we (at least, I) usually
test stream isolation by checking that a given software connects to
the right Tor SOCKS port, and rely on the fact that Tor correctly
implements stream isolation on its side.

Any other uses of the Vidalia network map that we would miss?

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5186
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/arm