Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock v0.3 - Update

Autor: Kevin C. Krinke
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock v0.3 - Update
On 2013-11-03 1:57 PM, intrigeri wrote:
>> If you want it to use python-yaml, I'll make it so.
>
> I don't care much, as long as the parser doesn't get bigger (e.g.
> some day, someone will suggest supporting comments and so on, and then
> it'll be time to use code we don't have to maintain ourselves).

Ooo comments... ok, hacked that in just now. lines with a # in them get
the preceding space, # and remainder of the line stripped out. Also
ignores empty lines safely too.

If there's *any* further changes to the yaml parsing, I'll migrate to
the full module support.

>>> I think it's generally not seen as best practice to ship all these
>>> autotools files and symlinks in Git: shipping autogen.sh, Makefile.am,
>>> src/Makefile.am and configure.in should be enough. Especially,
>>> symlinks that depend on a specific version of automake are not
>>> too helpful.
>
>> Symlinks will be fixed.
>
> I'm not sure they can be fixed without adding a dependency on
> a specific version of automake (which is not suitable when supporting
> more than one OS).

I've actually just tested this. For ./configure to work it needs the
install-sh and missing scripts, also needs the INSTALL and COPYING files
to exist too. I've copied the scripts from automake-1.11 and removed
everything not needed for ./configure to work.

The only concern for me is the configure.ac file. I'm not sure if that's
really something that should remain just in case someone wants to re-run
the autotools setup.

Kevin C. Krinke <kevin@???>
GnuPG - 851662D2 - 0x18C67F61851662D2
http://kevin.c.krinke.ca/851662D2.asc