Re: [Tails-dev] first patch attempt

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] Next item on Sina's plate :) [Was: first patch attempt]
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] first patch attempt
Hi Sina,

Sina S wrote (04 Oct 2013 00:23:21 GMT) :
> Thanks! I am happy for you to recommend another ticket,

Below, I'll assume you're mostly interested in coding tasks. If you
could be up to some testing or basic research, please speak up :)

In each category below, I'm sorting tickets in increasing order of
difficulty. Of course, there are only my guesses, based on my own
skills only.

If you want to go on doing Python/udisks in the installer:

* #6054 - should hide the USB stick that contains the ISO
* #5938 - should inhibit udisks
* #5623 - liveusb-creator vs. empty partition upgrade

If you prefer to do some Python/GTK in the greeter:

* #5387 - fix quick search in Other... window
* #5917 - Warn when caps-lock in ON
* #5594 - better admin password UI
* #5760 - feedback when repairing damaged persistent filesystem

If you prefer to write a small, brand new program from scratch:

* #5502 - notify user if hardware requirements are not met

If you prefer to dive into (modern) Perl to improve the persistence
configuration assistant's UI:

* #5438 - optimize window height
* #5311 - display nicer paths
* #5888 - clearer warning at delete step

If you prefer to start tackling system-wide changes, that don't
require building an ISO to test:

* #5374 - make documentation accessible in Windows camouflage mode
* #5648 - dont set torbutton environment variables globally

If you need more information than what's on the tickets, please feel
free to ask: sadly, even the phrasing of our tickets marked "Easy" is
too often optimized for the person who wrote the software initially,
or for the one who filed the ticket.