Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex import scripts

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-l10n, intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Transifex import scripts
> Hi,
>
> at some point IIRC, you mentioned you were interested in writing
> scripts to make it easier for us to import translations
> from Transifex. E.g. my current usecase would be:
>
> As a Tails developer
> When I want to release a new tails-greeter package
> Then I need to import completed translations from Transifex into the t-g
> Git repository
>
> This should use the Git repository at
> https://git.torproject.org/translation.git, and skip languages whose
> translations are maintained in Git, that is currently fr_FR and pt_BR.
>
> Are you interested in working on this?

Not clear if this was addressed to me, but since I said I would previously
I assume so:

Right now I am not working on this, and don't have the time to.

Tor Project already have multiple such scripts. I remember seeing one good
example in the past, but this is the best I can find now:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-launcher.git/blob/1e0c33a6c08f26651dde5bea065d439c105701ca:/localization/import-translations.sh

Some changes must be done to it, for example the checkouts can be done
outside the loop, since we will pull translations from one single
repository. And use _completed and take all translations in _completed
instead of from a predefined list. And in the loop skip fr_FR and pt_BR.
And of course the source and destination paths for the individual files.

Hope this is of any help if anyone else want to write such scripts.