Re: [Tails-dev] Removing the clock applet from the desktop

Author: Kevin C. Krinke
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Removing the clock applet from the desktop
On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 16:22 +0000, adrelanos wrote:
> Looks like you solved it the other way around. You essentially
> implemented "everything local timezone, except epiphany gets UTC".
>
> What about other applications which may leak the time zone?
>
> I think the opposite solution "everything UTC, except the clock applet"
> would be a safer solution.

Would it be better to have just a very simple clock for tails that does
exactly what we want? Perhaps spec'd as follows:

* Shows time in the boot-configured zone
* Only shows the time, date and timezone (no weather or other fanciness)
* Configurable to show just time or just date, default both.
* [Optional] Have a tool-tip / note that states everything else in Tails
is UTC except for this clock applet?

I'm sure I could cook one up relatively quick and I'd be willing to
maintain it for as long as Tails needs it.

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kevin@???>
851662D2 - 5216953E0CBA1767D6064AB2DAC1902A