[Tails-dev] Reviewing doc/cold-boot-attack

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Reviewing doc/cold-boot-attack
I had a look at the work done on the doc/cold-boot-attack branch. I'm
very happy to see new people taking initiatives regarding the
documentation lately. I pushed it to the main repo.

Regarding the structure, I felt that it was talking about two things
that could be better separated or advertised:

- memory wipe on shutdown
- emergency shutdown

I'd be tempted to move the emergency shutdown to the "First steps"
section. And rename that page "Memory wipe on shutdown" and still have
it in the "Advanced topics" section. What do you think?

Regarding formatting:

  - The link to cold-boot attack on Wikipedia is broken.
  - I'd add a link to Wikipedia on the first occurrence of "RAM".
  - I'd use a class="bug" section when mentioning the emergency
    shutdown bug after using Tails USB Installer.

Regarding terminology:

  - I'd say "RAM" instead of "the RAM".
  - Don't use "junk", "random data" might do the trick instead.
  - Please use a spell checker on your pages before pushing them!
    with Vim do `:set spell spelllang=en`.

Does that make sense?