Re: [Tails-dev] Installation USB-Stick

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Installation USB-Stick
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Meyer wrote (10 Sep 2013 08:47:40 GMT) :
> New to Tails, I burned version 0.20 in CD and tried to install it
> on an USB-Stick from within the live-system.

I hope you really mean DVD here :)

> I have three sticks. With two of them tails said they have a GPT
> Partition table. So I took gparted and wrote a Master Boot Record
> and a FAT-Parttion to the sticks. cfdisk says everthing is ok.

You should not have to change the MBR nor create partitions yourself:
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/usb_installation/

> But then again, Tails said, there is a GPT-Table in the sticks.
> How can this be?

What exactly are you doing that makes Tails say that, and why is it
a problem?

> The third stick gave no problems and I could install Tails on it.

For future support requests such as this one, please use our support
mailing-list:
https://tails.boum.org/support/
and read our bug reporting guidelines:
https://tails.boum.org/support/found_a_problem/