Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas

Autor: carmie
Para: sajolida
CC: The Tails public development discussion list, marcoc
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas
Hi,

I'm sorry for my silence, I'm not speaking english very well, to write you all
is impressive for me and I was busy in august.

Here [1] is the last version of the cat I drawned, I just simplify the line in
inkscape.
I read your comments, I found them very constructive, I also thought I should
have wrote you a little something with the proposition to explain a bit more my
choices, I'm sorry I took some times to reply.

Cats are quiet, indeed, and this one have 3 rings on his tail, like wild
european cat [2]
This kind of cats are sadly rare nowadays. They can't be domesticated. They
lives anonymously in the woods.

I did not made other details, and maybe it's not easily understable. The body of
the cat is maybe too dark to notify the rings. I thought dark gray would sound
more "anonymous", but it did not seems to work, none of you seemed to noticed it.

I choosed a stretching pose because it can be contain in a square, or a circle,
to be readable in a very little icon, like a favicon. That's also the reason I
avoided gradient, I'm not sure it would be readable in icons. The idea of
erasing tracks is not clear either in my proposition, and, maybe, it could be
improve with a background of color, and a white line instead of this purple one,
or maybe if the purple lines was the beginning of the word Tails, hidden by the
tail of the cat. Something like that..

The exemple cat pose that Sajolida give is imo very interesting, reflecting more
discret move, but it doesn't fit in a square :/
Maybe could we find another pose, with a similar idea?

Regards,

Carmie

[1] http://people.zoy.org/~carmie/tails/logo/tails4.svg
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wildcat