Re: [Tails-dev] Tails contributors meeting: September 4

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails contributors meeting: September 4
sajolida@??? wrote (31 Aug 2013 12:23:32 GMT) :
> The next public Tails developers meeting is scheduled for
> September 4, on #tails-dev (OFTC) at 8pm UTC (10pm CEST).

Minutes follow.

1. Low-hanging fruits session
-----------------------------

Saturday 21, 08:00 UTC

2. Next shifts: WAN and RM
--------------------------

bertagaz will be the WAN from August 28 to October 9.
alan pings him about it.

intrigeri will do the RM for 0.21 (2013-10-29).

3. preconfigured obfs2 bridges?
-------------------------------

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5781

We decided against shipping with a static list of obfsproxies,
for the reason already written on the ticket.

4. additional software: install arbitrary deb

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5968

Some fears were expressed in
https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2013-August/003380.html

The only real advantage of doing this to our eyes is to fix the
limitation of the additional software packages feature when used
offline (APT indices expire, for some APT repositories).

So, we decided to reject this feature request or set it low priority,
and create new one for the offline additional packages [sajolida].

5. Dangerous middle click in IceWeasel (?)

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6233

We decided that the usefulness of the feature is greater than the
limited adverse effects, that only take place in very rare corner
cases. The fact that the pasted text needs to be a URL for anything to
happen at all was a major reason of our decision.