Re: [Tails-dev] Impossible to install some packages on Tails…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Impossible to install some packages on Tails through plain apt
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (31 Aug 2013 14:21:44 GMT) :
> So we might want to either:

> - Say this is a problem in general, and instead remove all those
> packages at the end of the build than setting them a -1
> pin priority.

OK, and sorry for causing this mess in the first place.
Well, I guess it was a useful optimization for a while.

And perhaps some day, live-build (or whatever we use by then) will
support preferences.d, and we can drop these -1 sections into
a dedicated file that we delete at the end of the build.

> - Review this list of packages on an ad-hoc basis.

I don't get what would be the goal of this review.

> I'm ready to propose a branch to implement any of those options.

Awesome!