[Tails-dev] Improving Tails USB Installer messages when upgr…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Improving Tails USB Installer messages when upgrading
Someone sent us a Whisperback bug report to point the fact that the
message of Tails USB Installer should be more reassuring when doing an
upgrade on a USB stick with persistence.

"Your device already contains a LiveOS.
If you continue, this will be overwritten.
Press 'Next' if you wish to continue."

The installer doesn't actually specify that the persistent storage will
be kept. This seems to be an important UX problem.

A suggestion would be to have Tails USB Installer look at the USB stick
and see if there's already a persistence volume. If there is, it should
warn you that the Tails OS will get overwritten but the persistence
volume will remain the same.

Otherwise, without even changing the logic, the installer could have a
line somewhere saying that the persistent storage will not be erased.

If we agree on that, I volunteer to do a preliminary patch.