Re: [Tails-dev] More gnupg options...

Autor: adrelanos
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] More gnupg options...
intrigeri:

> Did you consider simply patching the defaults in the source code?

I did not. And must say, it's an awesome idea.

>> The situation is in a deadlock. As a Debian derivative realistically
>> your options boil down to breaking Debian policy and writing gpg
>> settings in user's home folder or doing nothing.
>
> If the changes you want to make are not accepted in Debian, you are
> still free to ship a custom package, with different defaults, in your
> preferred Debian derivative.

I don't know how much time effort it would be required, after the
initial learning effort, to keep up with the Debian packager to always
update the derived package in time.

And for a public perception point of view, a derivative rebuilding the
gnupg package (non-deterministically!) because they claim "we only use
some better defaults"... Well... Probably a solid base for all kinds of
suspicious, conspiracy theories... Therefore, I don't think it's a good
idea.