Re: [Tails-dev] OpenVPN

Autor: a432511
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] OpenVPN

intrigeri,

I was under the impression that using a VPN service would provide a
certain level of anonymity because it masks your true IP and sends
traffic through an encrypted tunnel. So while a listener would know you
were connecting to a VPN, the traffic on the other end could have come
from anyone. Is that incorrect? Perhaps this question is out of scope,
but I am curious if third party VPN services truly accomplish what they
claim. I was also under the impression - through reading your wiki and
other info on the web - that Tor is good for masking location, but that
the endpoints could listen to all your traffic.

I read the page on limited VPN support that you linked to. I am not
sure I understand how using an anonymous VPN service with or without Tor
would somehow make it worse. The entry point is the same, but the
traffic is tunneled.

Thank you very much for your time.