Re: [Tails-dev] Would PSAD be beneficial?

Autor: intrigeri
Para: rvdaal
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Would PSAD be beneficial?
Hi,

rvdaal wrote (19 Aug 2013 13:18:11 GMT) :
> Adding PSAD (Port Scan Attack Detector) with feedback to the desktop
> (either by widgets or the local email delivery) in case of portscans against the
> Tails host in an untrusted LAN. (Think of WiFi hotspots)

Let's assume we add port scan detection to Tails.
Let's assume a port scan is detected.
(So what? I say we don't care much, but let's see.)

What kind of useful advice do you suggest the desktop feedback would
provide to the user?

> PS. Is there a reason why Wireshark and arpwatch are not included?

It's not necessary to fulfill our design goals, and it's trivial to
install (possibly in a persistent manner) for the very few users who
need it :)