[Tails-dev] Please change the default logrotate.conf

Author: rvdaal
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Please change the default logrotate.conf
Hello,

The current logrotate configuration used by Tails is Debian 6.0.7
standard. Useful for regular systems and average servers.

I think for Tails a configuration like the one below would be more
appropriate for those running Tails for multiple days in a row.

# logrotate.conf
# rotate log files daily
daily

# keep 0 days worth of backlogs
rotate 0

# shred instead of delete
shred

# comment out logging of optionally installed services
## include /etc/logrotate.d

This will basicly leave you with the daily syslog for troubleshooting
your system. I would also suggest to remove the wtmp and btmp entries
and delete those files in /var/log to disable additional logging.

Just my 2 cents,

Ron