Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/i2p-irc-in-pidg…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/i2p-irc-in-pidgin
16/08/13 14:43, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anonym wrote (16 Aug 2013 12:07:22 GMT) :
>> branch: bugfix/i2p-irc-in-pidgin
>> ticket: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6246
>
>> This will get rid of torsocks in pidgin, which is good in itself IMHO,
>> and make I2P IRC work again.
>
> Great to see some hope coming back on the I2P side of things!

Indeed. In related news, just today, someone on #tails-dev expressed
interest in maintaining I2P in Tails.

>> commit d7cc21526f794568d0065633c4b4c880646fd73f
>> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
>> Date: Fri Aug 16 13:56:50 2013 +0200
>
>>     Configure Pidgin to use Iceweasel.

>>     We better do this explicitly now when we don't have GNOME integration,
>>     which otherwise would pick Iceweasel for Pidgin.

> I don't get why dropping Pidgin integration in GNOME implies to drop
> Iceweasel integration in Debian (which sensible-browser is about) too.
>
> Is this change really needed? Doesn't sensible-browser do the job?

It does, but I wanted to be more explicit. Perhaps we should commit to
always have sensible-browser -> iceweasel (right now x-www-browser is in
auto mode)? What about:

    update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /usr/bin/iceweasel

in some chroot_local-hook? Or am I just being pedantic?

Cheers!