Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/i2p-irc-in-pidg…

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/i2p-irc-in-pidgin
Hi,

anonym wrote (16 Aug 2013 12:07:22 GMT) :
> branch: bugfix/i2p-irc-in-pidgin
> ticket: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6246

> This will get rid of torsocks in pidgin, which is good in itself IMHO,
> and make I2P IRC work again.

Great to see some hope coming back on the I2P side of things!

> commit d7cc21526f794568d0065633c4b4c880646fd73f
> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
> Date: Fri Aug 16 13:56:50 2013 +0200

>     Configure Pidgin to use Iceweasel.

>     We better do this explicitly now when we don't have GNOME integration,
>     which otherwise would pick Iceweasel for Pidgin.

I don't get why dropping Pidgin integration in GNOME implies to drop
Iceweasel integration in Debian (which sensible-browser is about) too.

Is this change really needed? Doesn't sensible-browser do the job?