Re: [Tails-dev] gpg --no-emit-version

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] gpg --no-emit-version
sajolida@??? wrote (13 Aug 2013 09:12:17 GMT) :
> A Whisperback bug report proposed to use the `--no-emit-version` option
> of GnuPG to prevent leaking the version number in armored messages.

> What do we think of that proposal?

I've no idea how the set of people using GnuPG in Debian stable (and
other distros that ship the same version of GnuPG in their current
release) compares to the set of people who use --no-emit-version.

Perhaps this should be coordinated with at least Torbirdy and Whonix,
so that we can move to --no-emit-version without singling Tails users
out too much?