Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas

Author: sajolida
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Logo: some ideas
On 07/08/13 17:00, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> carmie (Cc'd) has come up with logo ideas:
> http://people.zoy.org/~carmie/tails/logo/
>
> The trace left by the cat's Tails would be purple or green,
> to match the website's color scheme.
>
> If the general idea suits us, carmie will submit a cleaned up,
> improved proposal. What do you think?
>
> Cheers,

Funny, I had a similar idea in mind, painting something with a tail.

What I am missing in that proposal is a stronger metaphor of what Tails
is: a distro for anonymity and amnesia. Cats are often symbol of quiet
animals that can leave no trace. But this particular one looks rather
noisy. So would rather go for a smother cat, maybe trying to be silent
like this one:

http://www.iconhot.com/icon/png/smashing-pumpkins/256/cat-13.png

And also, what's being painted by the tail may as well carry some
meaning. Maybe a simple gradient could represent amnesia, or it could
reuse another symbol (Tor logo?), paint a letter T, I don't know...
Or maybe just a cat with the good attitude would do.

Just a few ideas. But I'd like to read more comments on that.