Re: [Tails-dev] Wheezy: dont ship gnome shell?

Autore: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Wheezy: dont ship gnome shell?
Hi,

Alan wrote (06 Aug 2013 12:35:10 GMT) :
> I remember we decided to *disable* gnome-shell by default, but to ship
> it unless there is a good reason not to.

Not exactly. We've decided to:

1. Ship with GNOME classic mode.
2. If it doesn't take too much space, ship GNOME Shell too.

I've implemented #1 in the easiest possible way.
I'm not interested in trying harder to implement #2,
but feel free to file a ticket for #2 and implement it :)

> There is a dconf setting to
> disable the shell (/org/gnome/session/session-name set to
> gnome-fallback) so I fail to see the good reason not to ship it.

My last attempt to do that was
config/chroot_local-includes/etc/dconf/db/local.d/00_Tails_defaults,
but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm sure you can do better.