Re: [Tails-l10n] i18nspector in wheezy-backports?

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: Stuart Prescott
CC: tails-l10n
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] i18nspector in wheezy-backports?
Hi Stuart,

Stuart Prescott wrote (29 Jul 2013 07:57:11 GMT) :
> I'd be quite happy for you to take responsibility for the backports package on
> the principle that more people looking at the package means more people
> looking for problems.

OK.

> I maintain the
> i18nspector package in git (using git-buildpackage) but haven't yet published
> the repository anywhere. Would it be useful to the backporting effort to have
> that repo on alioth somewhere? I can't imagine it being particularly useful
> storing the output of "dch --bpo" but ...

I will maintain the backport in Git anyway, and I'm a gbp user as too.
I'd rather push my changes to a public Git repo to make it easier for
anyone to review my stuff or give a hand. Granted, as long as the
backport is trivial, the advantage will be minor, but still, having
all packaging work stored in an easily tracked Git repo seems worth it
to me. So, I encourage you to publish your packaging repository in
collab-maint, and I will happily use it as well :)

> BTW you may have noticed that i18nspector has a reasonably rapid upstream
> development cycle at present -- I try to let each upstream version migrate to
> testing prior to uploading the next one which will help your backporting
> efforts.

Awesome, thanks.

FYI I don't plan to upload to backports every single package update:
I will loosely track new versions, and mainly upload to backports
those with important bugfixes or new features Wheezy users may ask, so
maybe you don't need to wait for the Britney dance every time.
Perhaps you can just proceed as usual, and I will notify you when
there's a specific version that I would like to backport?