Re: [Tails-dev] Stuck trying to build Tails (live-build vers…

Author: Zack Weinberg
To: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Stuck trying to build Tails (live-build version skew?)
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#index2h1 reads: "you need
> a running Debian Squeeze system". Squeeze ships live-build 2.0.12-2.

May I recommend that this be edited to make explicit that Wheezy and
Sid *will not work*? I tend to read "you need X version Y" as "you
need X version Y *or later*" unless specifically told otherwise.

>> If not, is there work in progress to make it be supported, that
>> I could piggyback on?
>
> Not really / not yet: https://tails.boum.org/todo/live-build_3.x/

Thanks for the pointer. I have a schedule to meet, but it's possible
that the path of least effort will go through improving this. Will
keep y'all posted.

zw