[Tails-dev] Stuck trying to build Tails (live-build version …

Autor: Zack Weinberg
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Stuck trying to build Tails (live-build version skew?)
I am planning to build a heavily customized version of Tails for a
research project (in a sentence, the goal is to be able to spin up a
Tails-based VM, script the browser inside the VM, and monitor the
network traffic it generates). To this end I am trying to carry out
the "manual build instructions" on the wiki, from a Debian sid host
system. I get as far as "lb config", which bombs out:

[2013-07-08 12:22:39] lb config
P: Executing auto/config script.
true
[2013-07-08 12:22:40] lb config noauto --distribution squeeze
P: Using defaults in /etc/live/build.conf
P: Updating config tree for a debian/squeeze/amd64 system
[2013-07-08 12:22:40] lb config noauto --apt-recommends false
--backports true --binary-images iso --binary-indices false
--checksums none --bootappend-live live-media=removable nopersistent
noprompt timezone=Etc/UTC block.events_dfl_poll_msecs=1000 splash
nox11autologin module=Tails --bootstrap cdebootstrap --archive-areas
main contrib non-free --includes none --iso-application=The Amnesic
Incognito Live System --iso-publisher=https://tails.boum.org/
--iso-volume=TAILS 0.19 - 20130708 --memtest none
--packages-lists=standard --tasks=standard
--linux-packages=linux-image-3.9-1 --syslinux-menu vesamenu
--syslinux-splash data/splash.png --syslinux-timeout 4
--initramfs=live-boot
lb config: unrecognized option '--binary-indices'
lb config: unrecognized option '--includes'
lb config: unrecognized option '--packages-lists=standard'
lb config: unrecognized option '--syslinux-menu'
lb config: unrecognized option '--syslinux-splash'
lb config: unrecognized option '--syslinux-timeout'
[2013-07-08 12:22:40] lb config noauto --architecture i386
--linux-flavours 486 686-pae
P: Using defaults in /etc/live/build.conf
P: Updating config tree for a debian/squeeze/i386 system
./auto/config: 63: ./auto/config: ikiwiki-supported-languages: not found

For my use case, the embedded documentation is unnecessary and I may
just dike all of that out; however, the "ikiwiki-supported-languages:
not found" error seems to point at a deeper problem with the PATH not
being what the build scripts expect (specifically, auto/scripts is not
on the PATH and I don't see anything that would put it there). The
"unrecognized option" errors are also worrisome; I don't have any idea
what any of them are supposed to do, and they're not in the live-build
documentation.

Put together, this suggests perhaps there is a version-skew issue. I have

$ lb --version
3.0.5-1

Is that the supported version? If not, is there work in progress to
make it be supported, that I could piggyback on? (I really do not
want to do all the building inside a VM, as this will add extra work
to every stage of customization.)

Thanks,
zw