Re: [Tails-dev] Tails contributors meeting: July 2

Autor: Jacob Appelbaum
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails contributors meeting: July 2
intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> the first Tails developers meeting that will happen in the open is
> scheduled for July 2, on #tails-dev (OFTC) at 8pm UTC (10pm CEST).
> Every Tails contributor is welcome to attend. Sorry for the
> short notice.

Great - I'm happy to join! Thanks for making it happen and letting
people know!

> Topics currently on the agenda are:
>
>   * Broken window week?
>     https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/#index1h1

>   * Monthly low-hanging fruits / review'n'merge meeting?
>     It was great to have one in April and May.
>     We skipped it in June. How about having one in July?

> * ioerror's "debrief on users i have trained"
>
> Feel free to propose and prepare other discussion topics. Please raise
> them in this thread so that others can ask details and prepare the
> discussion too.

I'd like to propose a few topics:

  tlsdate inclusion
  revisiting a default transparent proxy
  allowing users to choose a less secure Tails during boot
    eg: enable bluetooth automatically, run cups, etc.
  TorBirdy and Thunderbird inclusion
  Tor Browser Bundle
  kernel hardening
  writing and shipping an installer for Win/OSX/linux
  improving tails upgrades
  running gnome-screensaver when a password is enabled
  EFI booting
  32bit and 64bit builds
  downloads pre-tailored for specific install mediums
  adding golang, xmpp-client and pond to tails
  support for adding vm transparent level proxy
    eg: running tails inside of a vm
      ...with a stripped down tails as the host
  not launching the web browser on startup
    eg: lowering the attach surface with about://tor
  a way to perform forensics on an untrusted tails disk
    eg: from another (trusted) tails disk or a Debian system

Any of those seem interesting to me - also some feedback from different
kinds of users - is available.

All the best,
Jacob