Re: [mat-dev] About the "force" option in the GUI

Autore: GI Jack
To: Alan, mat-dev
Nuovi argomenti: [mat-dev] Simplified UI [Was: About the "force" option in the GUI]
Oggetto: Re: [mat-dev] About the "force" option in the GUI
if your working on the GUI, it can use some bigger icons, say 48x48 or 64x64, text beneath the icons, etc...

It also can't handle more than one file being dragged at a time, which is marginally anoying.

If your wondering what I think mat-GUI should look like, I think "Sound Converter" is a great templat
http://soundconverter.org/
----- Original Message -----
From: Alan
Sent: 06/21/13 06:19 PM
To: mat-dev@???
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] About the "force" option in the GUI

Hi, On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:42:18 +0200 jvoisin <julien.voisin@???> wrote: > I am currently working on the GUI, to make it more robust and clear. Did you also took time to look at the nautilus extension? I tried it on 3.4 and got a nautilus segfault that I should investigate more. > I was thinking about the "force" parameter; when ticketed, files > marked as "clean" are not processed. > > The concern is that some file can not be clearly marked as clean (eg. > PDF): only superficial metadata can be checked. > > I think that the way to go is to completely remove the "force" > parameter, and to clean the file anyway (since cleaning process are > all lossless (except maybe PDF, but the loss is really minor), Well, depends which PDF. I saw PDF where there was a big quality loss. But that's another issue. > we can process files as much as we want). > > Drawbacks: > - process a file takes more time than doing a simple check > > Benefits: > - this simplify the GUI > - this prevent mist