Re: [Tails-dev] Help needed with branch bugfix/writable_boot…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: quidame
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Help needed with branch bugfix/writable_boot_media
Hi again,

quidame wrote (10 Jun 2013 16:05:08 GMT) :
> Hmm... I think it is not the best way:

> 1. bilibop-rules provides other features that are absolutely not Tails
> (Debian Live) related: helper scripts to manage grub device.map, or to
> modify LVM config, or to make /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent*.rules
> unpersistent... this is why bilibop-udev exists

OK, totally makes sense.

> 2. the only one relevant file in bilibop-udev is 66-bilibop.rules; so it
> is possible to modify it again (+2 lines), or even not install
> bilibop-udev (but only bilibop-common), and add a specific rules file in
> the amnesia git repository (I think in
> config/chroot_local-includes/etc/udev/rules.d/). Additionally, you could
> merge it with the existing 99-hide-TailsData.rules. In that case, this
> could give: [...]

> What do you think about that ?

Great, I do like it! It allows us to externalize the bulk of the work
to bilibop (which is great), while at the same time giving us
fine-grained control on what exactly we want it to do.

> If needed I can help to write what you need.

I'll give it a try ASAP, and will get back to you if I need help.
Thanks for the offer :)

> Another possibility could be to kill bilibop-udev and replace it by
> bilibop-live, with live-specific additional stuff (but this is not done).

This sounds useful, but I suggest we start with the solution described
above; then if we're happy with it, we can consider generalizing it,
and making it available to all Debian Live users. But well, if you
feel confident enough to work on a bilibop-live package on the short
term, I certainly don't meant to discourage you.