Re: [Tails-dev] Remove Iceweasel popups that confuse users

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Remove Iceweasel popups that confuse users
25/05/13 16:08, intrigeri wrote:
>> - security.warn_submit_insecure
> I'm much less convinced about that one. Warning users who mistakenly
> try to submit passwords in cleartext seems useful to me, compared to
> the potential for user confusion.

I agree. I'm surprised this is not the case in vanilla Firefox or the
TBB. It's usefulness IMHO outweighs its inconvenience (which arguably is
very small compared to warn_leaving_secure), but I'm not sure about the
"user confusion" part. Is this really that confusing?

> Or perhaps we want to delegate this to HTTPS Everywhere entirely.

I say, if we really care about this (which I think we should) we keep
this setting, and if we don't, then we should consider HTTPS everywhere
saving the day as a (positive) accident.

Cheers!