Re: [Tails-dev] Find bridges button

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Find bridges button
hi,

adrelanos wrote (16 Apr 2013 14:12:39 GMT) :
> commenting on Find bridges button [1]...

> The wget commands won't work anymore, since bridges.torproject.org now
> asks for captcha.

Thanks for the heads up, I've updated the ticket accordingly.

Please note that this is a low-priority goal for us, and I would not
hold my breath waiting for someone to implement it.

> I am not sure if it's very future proof to implement that feature into
> Vidalia. It's unmaintained for a long time, no maintainer on the
> horizon. The Tor Project is going to drop Vidalia in favour of the
> tor-launcher browser addon. (Mike said so [2].)

FYI it looks like we're going to stay with Vidalia a bit more.
The Tor launcher seems excellent for the TBB's needs, but a bit more
feature-full controller doesn't seem overkill in the context of Tails.

But yeah, on the long term, things are rather blurry, and I do agree
it may not be the best idea ever to implement new features in Vidalia
without finding a new maintainer (team) for it.