Re: [Tails-dev] Help needed with branch bugfix/writable_boo…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: quidame
À: intrigeri
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Help needed with branch bugfix/writable_boot_media
Hi,

Le 2013-05-12 18:19, intrigeri a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> quidame@??? wrote (25 Mar 2013 12:00:11 GMT) :
>> Right. The shortest way to test bilibop in Tails context is the
>> following:
>> 1. Boot on Tails 0.17.1 (with or without the fromiso=... variant),
>> and set
>>    up a password for the user account

>> 2. Get bilibop-common and bilibop-udev packages:
>> - build them from the source
>> (https://mentors.debian.net/packages/bilibop/)
>> - download them
>> (https://un.poivron.org/~quidame/debian/pool/main/b/bilibop/)
>> - or see the attachments.
>> and install them on the system, or extract and copy only the needed
>> files:
>> /lib/bilibop/common.sh
>> /lib/bilibop/disk
>> /lib/bilibop/test
>> /lib/udev/rules.d/66-bilibop.rules
>
>> 3. To finish:
>> # invoke-rc.d udev restart
>> # DISK=$(/lib/bilibop/disk)
>> # udevadm trigger --sysname-match=${DISK##*/}*
>
> These steps did work for me on Tails 0.17.2 installed on a USB stick
> with the Tails USB installer, using bilibop-udev 0.4.10~quidame.
> Yeah :)
>
> However, shouldn't bilibop-udev.postinst run `invoke-rc.d udev
> reload'? Just installing the package, despite the udevadm trigger in
> this postinst maintainer script, was not enough to have the
> permissions changed, and indeed the udev restart + trigger was
> needed.
>
> Anyway, this is mostly irrelevant for Tails, since all we need is the
> udev rule to do its job at boot time, and this postinst script fails
> for us anyway, as reported in my previous email.
>
> Actually, I'm starting to think this postinst should just not exist
> at
> all: as currently implemented, it breaks support for the standard
> Debian Live system (built with live-build) usecase, without bringing
> support for the "install bilibop-udev at runtime" usecase as
> apparently intended, so I fail to see what good this script makes.

hmm... yes. Thanks for your detailed report. This postinst script is
not
absolutely irrelevant, as it works for Debian non-live systems
installed
on USB stick or external HDD. But you're right, it seems it is badly
implemented for other usecases. So I will rewrite it now. I think a new
version of the packages will be publicly available in some hours.

Cheers,
quidame