Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/fix_iceweasel_p…

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: anonym
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge bugfix/fix_iceweasel_prefs_for_0_18
05/05/13 15:44, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> intrigeri wrote (03 May 2013 14:03:31 GMT) :
>> The idea is to ship 0.18~rc1 with this regression documented as a know
>> issue, and I (or someone else) will work on a fix before final 0.18.
>> Volunteers, please come talk to me, as I've already tried quite some
>> potential solutions.
>
> bugfix/fix_iceweasel_prefs_for_0_18 fixes the regressions we've
> detected in 0.18~rc1 (JS browser type leak, iceweasel prefs not
> applied). It actually even does a bit more: a bunch of our iceweasel
> prefs were not applied in 0.17.2 either, and this branch fixes it too.
>
> Note that in the end, to make sure I was not introducing any other
> prefs regression, I've made a survey of all our (197) iceweasel prefs
> to verify that they were set to the value we have in Git. With this
> branch applied, it's almost the case. See todo/cleanup_iceweasel_prefs
> for the exceptions and the next possible steps (post 0.18) on
> this topic.
>
> Candidate for 0.18, so please merge into testing and devel.

I redid your survey of all 197 prefs, and these are my results that
differed for me:

user_pref("noscript.subscription.lastCheck", -142148139) ==> some type
of timestamp when we started iceweasel so we can ignore this

pref("network.protocol-handler.external.snews", false) ==> true

IMHO this looks good enough to merge any way, but could you please
re-check just that last one?

Cheers!