Re: [Tails-dev] Patches for next stable TBB / Tails

Author: Mike Perry
To: intrigeri
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Patches for next stable TBB / Tails
Thus spake intrigeri (intrigeri@???):

> Hi Mike,
>
> will the April Torbrowser patch updates (especially the Optimistic
> Data SOCKS handshake, and the numerous pipelining changes) be included
> in TBB that will be released soon after FF 17.0.6esr?

Yes. My plan is to include all patches in TBB-stable, unless we hear
problems with the alphas. So far, all reports about the alphas have been
positive (and people are running them, due to crash bugs in the
current TBB-stable).

In fact, we'll be doing a TBB-stable release in the next few days with
these patches to fix the crash bugs for everyone.

I've also been running these patches in my own build of TBB-stable
(which I use for all Tor-related web browsing, as well as for reading
the news). It's been fine for me - no new regressions at least.

> The freeze for Tails 0.18 is in two days, so I wonder if I hurry to
> prepare this stuff (and the according prefs changes), test it, have it
> reviewed & merged in time, or if we should just postpone it for some
> future release. Given the alpha bundles just came out, it seems a bit
> early to me to decide.

I say go for it. Onward and upward! :)

--
Mike Perry