Re: [Tails-dev] Storing keyboard & lamguage preferences

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: marcoc, The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Storing keyboard & lamguage preferences
On 23/04/13 19:29, Marco Calamari wrote:
> When using persistence on USB stick, is there
> any automatic or easy way to store preferences like
> interface language, keyboard language & keymap
> in a way they are restored at next reboot?

It's not possible so far. We are thinking about that but the problem is
that if this information is stored in persistence then the user would
have to enter the passphrase first (chicken and egg problem here). And
if this preference is stored outside of the persistence volume then it
reveals bits of information from the user that are not encrypted.

I couldn't find a ticket tracking that issue. Maybe we should create one.