Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/remember_in…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/remember_installed_packages
Hi,

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:04:11 +0200 sajolida@??? wrote:
> On 21/04/13 03:13, Alan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I belive the 1st step of additional software installation is ready,
> > and hope somebody will have time to review it for 0.18.
> >
> > Branch: feature/remember_installed_packages
> > Ticket: https://tails.boum.org/todo/remember_installed_packages/
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Hi, glad to see this moving forward and working!

Thanks for your review!

> I tested it and corrected a small bug in the code that prevented
> installing two or more packages. See 75bb8cc4.

Nice catch. I introduced this bug while trying to fix another one:
installing the package "[]" when live-additional-software.conf is
present but empty. You fix reintroduces this bug, an I'm afraid it also
adds another one (not displaying the list of packages that will
actually be installed if the conffile is modified while installing). I
think f79c70a addresses both issues.

> Apart from that I did a bunch of languages fixes, both in the code and
> the documentation. Tell me what you think.

Seems me alright but:

"They are automatically upgraded for security and installed after a
network connection is established." which seems me unclear (the new
version is installed for security too; the upgrade happense when
network connectivity appears too; and upgrading means installing a
new version, no? I propose "They are automatically upgraded for security
after a network connection is established." (fb4f909)

> Then I have a doubt for which I didn't find a clear solution yet:
>
> config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/sbin/tails-additional-software:84
> "You can find more information in the system log."
>
> I don't find this phrase useful. If I'm a user: where can I find this
> "system log"? Can I just try something to solve the problem instead?
> "Check your network connection or restart Tails", maybe? Propose to
> report a bug?

I replaced it by "The upgrade failed. This might be due to a network
problem. You may want to check your network connexion of restart Tails.
It the problem persist, please report a bug." (3a7697e). What do you
think?

Cheers