Re: [Tails-dev] Please review bugfix/preserve_pot_charset [w…

Autor: Alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review bugfix/preserve_pot_charset [was: Re: refresh-translations bug?]
Hi,

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:54:07 +0200 sajolida@??? wrote:

> On 21/04/13 01:51, Alan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When finalizing feature/about_tails, I encountered a wired issue
> > with PO files. Python's gettext crashes with a LookupError while
> > reading encoding of the PO file header, which is... "CHARSET". This
> > is obviously a wrong charset, but it's the one created by
> > refresh-translations for newly created PO files:

> > I currently workaroud that in my python scripts, but I'm afraid that
> > the actual problem is in refresh-tranlsation. What do you think?
>
> I agree. The script refresh-translations runs xgettext to generate new
> POT files but it doesn't take into account the previous POT files, and
> for example the charset that could have been defined in it.
>
> Can you review and test the branch bugfix/preserve_pot_charset?

I tested the branch and it works. However, its 1st commit is not useful
and its name is misleading: as far as I understand, it actually doesn't
preserve anything, it just sets UTF-8 as a default encoding. I'm in
favor of merging it anyway, *but* I would strongly prefer that we
rewrite its history and rename it before. Would you please do that?

Cheers