[Tails-dev] Testing image cache and DOM storage isolation

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Mike Perry
CC: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Testing image cache and DOM storage isolation
Hi Mike,

I'm now taking time to apply to the Tails' web browser the last two
meaningful Torbrowser patches we were not using yet:

- 0026-Isolate-DOM-storage-to-first-party-URI.patch
- 0024-Isolate-the-Image-Cache-per-url-bar-domain.patch

I'm now trying to verify that applying these patches actually makes
a difference. How do you do it?

about:cache shows the same regardless of whether the image cache patch
is applied or not; this is explained, I guess, by the Torbrowser
design doc that reads "Additionally, because the image cache is
a separate entity from the content cache, we had to patch Firefox to
also isolate this cache per url bar domain."

Ideally, I'd like to add this to our automated test suite, but at
least a quick'n'dirty manual check would be much better than nothing
before we merge this branch.