Re: [Tails-dev] GNOME proxy settings, again

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Neue Treads: [Tails-dev] Please review'n'merge feature/remove_gnome_proxy_settings [Was: GNOME proxy settings, again]
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] GNOME proxy settings, again
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (06 Apr 2013 18:07:45 GMT) :
> As a bonus, if we also remove the HTTP proxy, then we'll have fixed
> todo/prevent_gweather_from_disclosing_customized_location for free.

Seahorse uses the GNOME HTTP proxy, so this does not come entirely
for free.

But it works fine (as far as searching for / receiving OpenPGP keys
is concerned) once /system/http_proxy/use_http_proxy is set to false,
when run with torsocks.

So, if we drop all GNOME proxy settings, then we have to torify
Seahorse this way or another. Once no other GNOME application is
supposed to connect to the network, I doubt we need a dedicated
SocksPort for Seahorse -- let's simply use torsocks and the
SOCKS port.

Thoughts?