Re: [Tails-dev] upgrade vs. random files on source device

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] upgrade vs. random files on source device
hi,

Alan wrote (05 Mar 2013 15:45:54 GMT) :
>> Second, perhaps we could add a very dumb and simple filter to the
>> clone process, to skip copying .iso files. This would have avoided the
>> issue in all cases I've been given to see.
>>
> Couldn't we do better: add a file listing all files expected in a Tails
> system partition (should be easy to create at build time) and only copy
> these files? That would prevent the cloned Tails to carry random shit.

I did not suggest this because I felt it would be a maintenance hell,
but now I don't see why, so why not. Why not? Because seriously,
I absolutely don't want any more time than absolutely needed on
usecases of people trying to be clever, doing random unsupported
stuff, and seeing things break. So the easiest, the better.