Re: [Tails-dev] upgrade vs. random files on source device

このメッセージを削除

このメッセージに返信
著者: Alan
To: tails-dev
題目: Re: [Tails-dev] upgrade vs. random files on source device
Hi,

On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 14:31:32 +0100 intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> We've seen such issues at "Clone & upgrade" time reported quite often
> recently on our various support channels:
>
> > Not enough free space on device.
> > 1712MB ISO + 0MB overlay > 1485MB free space
>
> Every time it was caused by random cruft (generally a Tails ISO) added
> to the source USB stick, and every time we were able to communicate
> with the reporter long enough, removing that cruft fixed the issue.

Right.

> Second, perhaps we could add a very dumb and simple filter to the
> clone process, to skip copying .iso files. This would have avoided the
> issue in all cases I've been given to see.

Couldn't we do better: add a file listing all files expected in a Tails
system partition (should be easy to create at build time) and only copy
these files? That would prevent the cloned Tails to carry random shit.

Cheers