Re: [Tails-dev] error 7424

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] error 7424
On 20/01/13 00:03, sajolida@??? wrote:
> I tried to test the incremental upgrades today but in the end the only
> thing I managed to do was to hit the same error over and over again:
>
> https://pad.riseup.net/p/error-7424
>
> I tried with and without root password. I reinstalled Tails 0.15 twice.
> The USB drive used to be a Tails 0.16 and I used "Upgrade from ISO" with
> Tails Installer from a Tails 0.16 to install Tails 0.15 on it.

I tried again the upgrade process and I wasn't more successful than the
first time. I'm bringing more info in play...

I tried with another USB drive, which I cloned directly from a Tails
0.15 using the installer.

1. Very often (always?) before getting the 7424 I get the error code 65280:

« Could not download
'http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/stable/iuk/Tails_i386_0.15_to_0.16.iuk' to
'/tmp/OzB1PKCOc1', callback died:
read timeout at /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 426. at
/usr/share/perl5/Tails/IUK/TargetFile/Download.pm line 66 »

See the terminal output on the same pad.

2. That happens simultaneously with the network being disconnected. I
could blame the Wi-Fi connection for that but that's not happening
usually but that happened at least 10 times or more while trying to do
the upgrade.

Then restarting the upgrade leads to error 7424.

3. Another thing that bothers me is that I cannot find the place where
the tmp file is being downloaded. For example, if I try to `ls` the file
that is reported as the output file of tails-iuk-get-target-file I get a
"No such file or directory".

See the pad for that as well.

That's blocking me from writing the doc :(

What else shall I try? Another laptop? A wired network?